Learn the basics of Jeet Kune Do from anywhere in the world (coming in late 2019)
Learn JKD Online
Learn Jeet Kune Do in the Chicagoland area
Learn JKD In-Person
Become a member of The Art of Ki™ Lifestyle Community
Join The Art of Ki™ Online
Lessons are provided in the NW suburbs of Chicago to local area students
Fees and Schedule are for the Chicagoland area only.
Fees and Schedule – Private Lessons
Option 1 – $24.75 per session*
*3-Month required commitment prepaid every 3 months – no refunds. Minimum of 4 sessions per month required. See conditions below for additional requirements. Does not include one-time setup fee of $25.
Option 2 – $37.25 per session**
**1-Month required commitment prepaid monthly – no refunds. Minimum of 4 sessions per month required. See conditions below for additional requirements. Does not include one-time setup fee of $25.
Option 3 – $49.75 per session***
***Each lesson prepaid before appointment – no refunds. Minimum of 3 sessions per month required. See conditions below for additional requirements. Does not include one-time setup fee of $25.
One-time setup fee of $25
By Prepaid Appointment Only
- No experience necessary.
- Serious and committed students only please. No casual practitioners. Acceptance subject to approval.
- Students under 18 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian during all sessions.
- Students must attend a minimum of once per week. No refunds or carry-overs for weeks missed.
- Fees must be paid in advance in order to schedule any kind of sessions.
- Scheduling for all types of sessions must be reserved in advance.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Cash only in-person or through the Zelle network (most banks). We cannot accept payments with credit cards, checks, or PayPal.
- 24-hour minimum cancellation notice in order to reschedule a new private session. No credit given for missed sessions without more than 24 hours notice. No credit given for not scheduling all required 4 minimum sessions per month (3 minimum sessions for Option 3). Cancellation by phone only – texting is not accepted for cancellations.
- Other conditions and rules apply. Information and schedule is subject to change without notice.
Sifu Andreas is available to accept new students on a first-come, first-serve basis. Acceptance subject to approval. Common elements Sifu considers and applies for new students:
- No athletic nor martial arts experience necessary.
- Regardless of experiences, all students begin the process as new students.
- Students with experiences in other martial arts (including unaccredited JKD sources and ‘JKD Concepts’) are willing to learn new with an “empty cup”. As in any art, a student must approach a new experience without preconceived notions nor pre-existing belief systems.
- Students are honest and show the capacity for humility. No unhealthy egos will be accepted to keep a healthy positive environment for all.
- Committed practitioners only. Regardless of the fee option plan chosen, the students are willing to commit to the training and practicing for at least 3 months consistently in order to achieve significant results.
- Students consistently communicate. Failure to communicate timely will be interpreted as abandonment of the training with no refunds per the listed conditions.
- Students have a reliable long-term income source. No fee negotiations, exceptions, or delays in the training process will be allowed.
- For training, students will have dedicated clean indoor-only shoes, clean dark-colored or black sweats, supply their own equipment (when the time becomes necessary with the curriculum), and trains outside of lessons on a daily basis as instructed by Sifu.
- Students with a bad demeanor, aggressive tendencies, or bad intentions for learning martial arts will not be accepted.
- Although martial arts is about benevolence, it can be very physical at times. Lessons are typically for adults only. However, students between the ages of 12 and 18 can also be considered under certain circumstances and are subject to Sifu’s approval.
- All students who meet the above conditions and elements are considered. Sifu does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, spousal affiliation or sex.
Sifu is available to teach and consult individuals, small groups, and as a guest at private & public events.
Please call +1-847-701-4553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about lessons or for more information.
Jeet Kune Do
Jeet Kune Do, translated as “The way of the intercepting fist”, is a style of martial arts created by Bruce Lee in the sixties and early seventies. It incorporates the idea of “attacking the attack” by intercepting the opponent and not using passive movements for efficiency and full effectiveness.
The real essence of Jeet Kune Do involves its philosophies and their applications in energy training as well as everyday life.
To learn more about the art of Jeet Kune Do, please visit here.
Sessions are taught by Sifu Andreas Simatos, the only certified 2nd Generation JKD Instructor in the Chicago NW Suburbs.
All information provided is not guaranteed, may contain errors, and is subject to change without notice.